Point-source Monitoring for Mid-sized Control Rooms
For extraordinary imaging, extended frequency response, and fatigue-free listening at near- to midfield distances, you can't beat point-source monitoring. Genelec has point source nailed with their 8341 SAM. Part of Genelec's "The Ones" series, this revolutionary 3-way studio monitor combines Genelec's Acoustically Concealed Woofer (ACW) technology with other innovative technologies to deliver an impressively linear payload over a remarkably wide bandwidth, resulting in phenomenal imaging and clarity. The guys here at Musiclab are very impressed by Genelec's Smart Active Monitor (SAM) technology, which optimizes level, timing, and equalization of room response anomalies. As a result you get an amazingly tight, accurate sound with enormous dynamic range and unprecedented frequency response, no matter where you choose to work. You'll also get optimal performance in both horizontal and vertical positions.
Smart Active Monitor (SAM) technology provides remarkably accurate monitoring
These days, it's not unusual for an engineer to work in a small, less-than-perfect acoustical environment. Genelec's Smart Active Monitor (SAM) technology takes this into account by allowing the 8341 SAM to automatically calibrate its level, timing, and equalization to your room, ensuring that you hear the original nuances of your source accurately, without color or distortion.
Genelec 8341 Active Studio Monitor Features:
- Smart Active Monitor (SAM) provides remarkably accurate monitoring
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) delivers focused near- and midfield sound
- Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC) driver provides superior imaging
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) for linear on- and off-axis response
- Dual Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW) extend directivity control to bass frequencies
- Optimum performance in both horizontal and vertical position